Summer Breeze by Piper
Available on back-order
- First ever vinyl reissue of the 1983 Japanese City Pop Classic
- Newly Remastered for Vinyl
- LP Includes Huge 24’’x 24’’ Fold Out Poster
- First of three in the Piper reissue series
- Limited Edition “Light Pink” Colored Vinyl Exclusive To Light in the Attic
Led by guitarist/vocalist Keisuke Yamamoto, Piper was formed in Hamamatsu in Shizuoka Prefecture. A move to Tokyo was followed by the release of their first single on Yupiteru Records, thanks to original guitarist Yuji Suzuki who had became an A&R man for the label. Citing British bands like Wishbone Ash and Camel as influences, Yamamoto and Piper nevertheless conjured up classic American sounds on Piper’s recordings, utilizing unusual recording techniques and new technologies like Linn drums to effortlessly blend styles of funk, soul and fusion and simultaneously evoking summer vibes, autumnal breezes, and wintery shimmer.